Audio By Carbonatix
One person has been confirmed dead at Agorkedzi in the Volta Region after another tidal wave hit the community.
The disturbance also rendered several residents homeless.
Mr Raphael Agbanavor, the Assembly member of the Area, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that, the deceased Mr Kwasi Kwakume, about 60 years-old, went on a normal fishing expedition with two others at 0435hrs on Sunday, where he drowned after their boat capsized due to the violent nature of the sea.
He said a report had since been lodged at the Anloga Police station whilst the body of the deceased had been deposited at Keta Hospital mortuary.
Mr Agbanavor stated that they were yet to receive any form of support from the National Disaster Management Organization.
He hinted that the residents had been threatening to demonstrate to compel the government to construct a sea defense wall to protect their lives and property.
On Sunday, April 17, a similar disaster happened, with people losing property and leaving residents homeless.
Latest Stories
-
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
29 minutes -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
47 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
1 hour -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
3 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
4 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
4 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
4 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
5 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
5 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
5 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
6 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
6 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
6 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
6 hours