President Nana Akufo-Addo and former President John Mahama have commiserated with Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia over the loss of his mother.
The two statesmen took to their various social media platforms to share in the grieve of the fellow politician.
In a Facebook post, President Akufo-Addo prayed for strength for Dr Bawumia and his family “in these very difficult times.”
He also asked that the soul of the Vice President’s mother, Hajia Mariama Bawumia is granted “eternal rest and the highest level of Jannah.”
On his part, Mr Mahama revealed, “I just got off the phone with my brother, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, to console him and the entire family on the loss of their mother, Hajia Mariama Bawumia, earlier this morning. May Allah grant her a peaceful rest.”
Hajia Bawumia is reported to have died in the early hours of Monday.
The octogenarian, who died two days from her 82nd birthday, had been unwell for some time and was hospitalised.
After Dr Bawumia announced the sad passing of the woman, he affectionately calls Maame; some public figures, including First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, have expressed their condolences.
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- MTN FA Cup: Kotoko versus Aduana clash headlines last 16 round
- CFAO Mobility expands its Mercedes-Benz distribution network in Africa
- DDEP: The picketing pensioners, their moods and messages
- Fiscal policy to remain constrained in Ghana due to elevated funding costs – Rand Merchant Bank
- Principle of Debt Exchange Programme wrong – Economist
- From Eric’s Diary: Using a tablet on an empty stomach in a desk less classroom
- Trapped quake victims send voice notes from the rubble
- STEM is a game changer to build the 21st century Ghanaian – Spokesperson, Education Ministry
- Turkey earthquake: Erdogan declares state of emergency
- Police Inspector interdicted for professional misconduct
- NDC will never forget Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka and Avedzi – Council of Elders
- Turkey earthquakes: As Christian Atsu is found, rescuers race to find Hatayspor sporting director
- Ecuador polls: Murdered candidate elected as mayor
- Debt Exchange: We are in this mess by not being proactive – Bokpin
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’