A former Deputy Information Minister, Felix Kwakye Ofosu, has criticised President Akufo-Addo, over the dismissal of the Managing Director of the Ghana Airports Company Limited.
In a tweet on Wednesday, the NDC communicator sympathised with Yaw Kwakwa, stressing he has been sacked for opposing wrongdoing.
According to him, this is evidence of President Akufo-Addo’s lack of respect for due process.
“For standing up against clear wrongdoing in the matter of the private jet lounge at the Kotoka International Airport, the GACL CEO gets fired by President Akufo-Addo, who has proven to value his cronies more than due process and compliance with rules”, Ofosu Kwakye tweeted.
For standing up against clear wrongdoing in the matter of the private jet lounge at the Kotoka International Airport,the GACL CEO gets fired by President Akufo-Addo who has proven to value his cronies more than due process and compliance with rules. pic.twitter.com/bOanrTy9Dr— Felix Kwakye Ofosu (@FelixKwakyeOfo1) February 9, 2022
President Akufo-Addo terminated Mr Kwakwa’s appointment on February 4.
In a letter dated February 4, 2022, to the Company’s Board Chair, the Transport Minister said, “per a letter No OSP127/22/104 dated on January 31, 2022,” the President has directed the sacking of Mr Kwakwa.
Kwaku Ofori Asiamah added, “In this regard, kindly take the necessary steps to give effect to the directive. I count on your cooperation.”
It is unclear why Mr Kwakwa was sacked, but in the last few weeks, the Airport Company and newly established private jet company operated by McDan Aviation have been involved in a back and forth publicly.
Meanwhile, the dismissed Managing Director of the Ghana Airports Company Limited, Yaw Kwakwa, has expressed surprise about his dismissal from office. According to the embattled Manager, he is unaware of the termination of his appointment, thus, awaits an official correspondence to that effect.
The news about Mr. Kwakwa’s dismissal broke whilst he was leading Parliament’s Roads and Transport Committee to inspect the McDan Aviation facility at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).
Meanwhile, Mr Kwakwa says he has not been officially informed about his dismissal.
“I don’t know what you are talking about. My appointment has not been terminated, so if you have any evidence…I don’t know about it…but when I get to that bridge, I will cross it,” he told the media when he was asked about the development on Wednesday.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022
- Ghana Kidney Association celebrates 50 years of Dialysis
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector