Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has said the record of the Akufo-Addo government is unmatched since the beginning of the fourth republic.
According to him, the programme of economic recovery that the government put in place, upon his assumption of office, has been significantly successful.
Dr. Bawumia made this comment at the ongoing consultative meeting of the National Council of Zongo Chiefs at Kyebi in the Eastern Region.
“If you look at the management of the economy under the leadership of Nana Akufo-Addo and compare it to the first term of any government since the fourth republic that is since 1992. I can tell you in all humility and without any fear of contradiction that there is no government in the fourth republic that can match the record of achievement of Nana Akufo Addo,” he said
Addressing the delegates, Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia also added that his assertion could be corroborated by data and challenged doubters to “bring anybody to contrary data.”
Some notable personalities in attendance at the consultative meeting were the National Chief Imam, Sheikh Dr Osman Nuhu Sharubutu, Osabarima Adusei Peasah IV, Chief of Tafo and representative of the Okyenhene.
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- National Cathedral to cost about $200m – Secretary to Board of Trustees
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
Thomas Partey to have scan after injury against Chelsea
Baba Rahman continues fine preseason form
Medeama part ways with Yaw Preko
Caleb Ekuban set to join Genoa in a reported $2.2 million deal
Workers Union of SDD-UBIDS embarks on industrial strike action
Anti LGBTQ+ bill referred to Constitutional, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee
Livestream: PM Express discusses Big jobs and Debt debate
Anything against the LGBTQI+ bill is sinful, unnatural and ungodly – Law Lecturer
Bohani Hlungwane: AfCFTA, the long road to Africa’s promised land of trade and prosperity
NPP will cite former Assin North MP for contempt for still carrying himself as MP – Nana B
New classroom block for Adubia Methodist D/A Basic school commissioned
Torrential rain destroys some roads in Northern Region
I am still your MP – Gyakye Quayson tells Assin North constituents despite court verdict
Buying lands without proper documents grounds for litigation – LSAG
‘We’re working to resolve concerns of striking UTAG, SSA UoG in 24 hours’ – Deputy Employment Minister