The Presiding Member (PM) of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA), Mr Alfred Adjei, has commiserated with victims of a fire outbreak at ‘Rail Power’ in the Okaikoi South Sub-Metropolitan District.
Accompanied by members of the Public Relations and Complaints Committee (PRCC) of the Assembly, the PM, who doubles as the Assemblyman for the Avenor Electoral Area, visited the disaster site to sympathise with the victims.
The ‘Rail Power’ provides dining and residential services to commuters at Avenor, a suburb of Accra.
Mr Adjei and his team were led by the Chairman of the Circle Neoplan Transport Terminal, Mr Edward Anim Sefa, to assess the level of destruction of the facility.
The PM advised the occupants of the facility to notify the Electricity Company of Ghana to check the meters being used since there was the possibility that the fire might have been caused by an electrical fault, adding that he would provide assistance when the need arose.
Mr Alex Benson, the operator of the facility, said the fire started around 2030 hours when they immediately called the Fire Service, who arrived to douse the fire.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Shell oil spill: 30k Nigerians seek compensation
- Kamala Harris to discuss Ukraine war with Tanzania leader
- Mathematics is the only understandable global language – Professor Nantomah
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-Gay bill has not been diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- GES PRO ranked among top 25 public sector PR professionals
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth