Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, on Friday, May 20, 2022, called on the new UAE leader, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi to commiserate with him and the people of UAE, following the death of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE.
The Vice President earlier in the week signed a book of condolence at the residence of the UAE Ambassador in Accra and also led a government delegation to the United Arab Emirates to convey a special message on behalf of President Akufo-Addo and the people of Ghana.
At the meeting, Dr Bawumia expressed condolences to the new ruler, the Nahyan family and the people of UAE for the loss of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed, whom the Vice President spoke about in glowing terms, and described his death as a great loss.
Dr. Bawumia also used the occasion to congratulate Sheikh Mohammed on his assumption of office as the new President of the UAE.
Ghana and the UAE enjoy great relationship and the meeting also discussed strengthening ties and cooperation between the two countries.
Present at the meeting were Dubai Crown Prince, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Ghana’s delegation included Deputy Chief of Staff, Fawaz Aliu, Ghana’s Ambassador to the UAE Alhaji Ahmed Ramadan and Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister, Kweku Ampratwum Sarpong.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- Adopt consultative approach before implementing 2023 Budget – KPMG to government
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Bola Ray marks 25 years in media career, launches ‘project impact’ to mentor young people
- Kofi Jamar, Tulenkey set to perform at The Woods Bar & Grill today
- Leading NDC member describes Ofosu Ampofo as unfit to lead the party as Chairman
- Aviation safety awareness: Safety inspectors assure air passengers of safe flights
- Take Ghana’s economic challenges to God – Clergyman urges duty bearers
- Namibia select committee on budget in Ghana to engage parliament
- Kenya ministers to forgo a month’s pay in drought aid
- Namibia edges closer to having first female president
- Africa off course when it comes to HIV goals – UN
- Malawi begins first large-scale malaria vaccination
- ‘Don’t abuse your child out of frustration of current economic woes’