Highlife Artiste, Bisa Kdei says he was contacted via email by the movie producers of the new Netflix Christmas special Jingle Jangle to write a song for them.
According to him, he found out that the director’s wife was a huge fan of his music.
The couple also appreciated his originality which influenced their choice.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Bisa Kdei stated that after the initial conversation, the production team had wanted to use his 2018 hit song ‘Asew’ in the movie.
However, after some reflections, they asked for a remix that was more original and relevant to the story they were telling.
The remix was titled ‘Asew Jingle Jangle’.
Unlike the original which talks about a young man addressing his in-law, ‘Asew Jingle Jangle’ focuses on a grandchild who is speaking to her grandfather.
Bisa Kdei carrying his funeral song to places 😅— Section 80. (@GLOCK___40) November 13, 2020
Y’all hate to see
🎥 Jingle Jangle pic.twitter.com/Q9IZpGd9Hg
Bisa Kdei told host of the show, Andy Dosty, that he has been working with the production team for over a year but because of the restrictions of the non-disclosure agreement, he could not talk about it.
“When they told me the movie was coming I was excited. Getting all the love and messages was so beautiful,” he said.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Socialite Van Calebs criticises popular comedians for offensive jokes