Audio By Carbonatix
Bortianor-Ngleshie Amanfro MP, Sylvester Tetteh has descended on the chairman of the erstwhile Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining (IMCIM), Prof. Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng over his controversial galamsey report.
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) lawmaker insists that the report is “useless” and has no merit.
On April 20, the former Minister of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation named some top government officials as being complicit in the illegal mining menace.
The renowned heart surgeon indicated that the rot goes as high as to the seat of government, the Jubilee House.
He stressed that the allegations of some 500 missing excavators seized from illegal miners in 2020 were fabrications of some persons in the government to get him out of the way.
Since his revelation, there has been an increase in calls for accountability from both government officials and individuals involved in illegal mining activities.
However, the Attorney-General, Godfred Yeboah Dame, in April 2023, advised that little attention be given to the 36-page document written by Prof Frimpong Boateng entitled “Report on the work of IMCIM so far and the way forward”.
Mr Dame noted that the findings in the report were his opinion and must be investigated to justify their authenticity.
Reacting to these happenings on JoyNews’ Newfile programme on Saturday, October 14, Mr Tetteh commended the AG’s characterisation of the report as empty.
He said the renowned surgeon is bitter because he is no longer part of President Akufo-Addo’s government.
According to him, due to this bitterness, the venerable professor is targeting people in the government to incite the public against them.
“He is the funniest man I have come across within our political space and he knows why I am saying that. In any case, the title of this report is useless.”
“He is targeting people because he has been ousted from government. His report is a useless piece of paper and the Attorney General has said the same and investigations have proven the same. He is bitter because he has been ousted from government.”
Latest Stories
-
The Abronye Charge Sheet – misuse in plain sight
2 minutes -
‘No bad blood’: Sam George downplays heated clash with Abena Osei-Asare
13 minutes -
Damang Gold Mine sells another 100% of its gold output to GoldBod
13 minutes -
Adansi Asokwa MP launches skills training programme for youth
18 minutes -
EPA shuts down mining site allegedly linked to former Mpohor DCE
44 minutes -
Health, educational institutions in deprived communities get free cement from Ghacem
57 minutes -
GSA arrests Chinese managers for reopening locked mattress factory
1 hour -
Court grants GH¢63.5m bail to ex-NAFCO CEO and wife in alleged corruption trial
1 hour -
Kofi Jumah released after meeting GH¢30m bail terms
1 hour -
GSA shuts down 4 companies in Afienya over substandard mattresses
2 hours -
Theo Dzimega defends judge’s discretion in Abronye DC bail, criticises Afenyo-Markin’s remarks
2 hours -
Ghana Bar Association rejects ‘NPP’ tag by Ofosu Kwakye
2 hours -
Hindsight: What next for the women’s relay team after African Championships?
2 hours -
World Vision launches 5-year water and sanitation programme in Wa
2 hours -
Opinion: Mahama must reshuffle his cabinet now to save the NDC from internal cracks
3 hours