Audio By Carbonatix
A Deputy Bono Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in-charge of Public Health, Dr. John Ekow Otoo, on Wednesday, stated that the Bono Region has recorded six cases of Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) deaths.
While one death occurred last year, five have been recorded this year, Dr Otoo told the GNA in an interview on Wednesday in Sunyani.
He said the sixth death, yet to be identified, occurred on Tuesday, February 02, 2021, but the five other deaths comprised two males and three females.
Dr Otoo emphasised that the region’s active cases were now 37, saying four of them were on admission at the Covid-19 Centre at the Sunyani Regional Hospital (SRH) receiving treatment.
He added one of the four “who is severely ill is on ventilator whilst the other three who have been removed from the ventilator are having moderate conditions responding to treatment at the SRH”.
Dr Otoo said the remaining 33 patients were in self-quarantine at their respective abodes under effective monitoring and supervision of health personnel assigned for that duty.
The Deputy Regional Director, Public Health further indicated that the region’s total recorded cases from last year to date was 688 including 166 health workers who have all recovered.
Dr Otoo advised the general public to always wear the face mask and religiously adhere to all the other directives and protocols against the spread of the COVID-19 because “it is much better to be in a face /nose mask than to be on a ventilator”.
He said as part of government’s effort in preventing the spread of the COVID-19, parents and guardians too must make it a matter of crucial importance to educate their children and wards on how to observe the COVID-19 protocols and directives, both at home and outside the home.
Dr Otoo said the Regional Health Directorate had arranged for health workers who had been monitoring the situation in the schools to ensure any suspected case could be handled accordingly.
Latest Stories
-
AGTC: How women-led initiative is turning golf into jobs and tourism opportunities
3 minutes -
Exporters call for single-digit interest rates to boost Ghana’s horticulture sector
7 minutes -
Young political leaders must look beyond party lines to strengthen Ghana’s democracy – EU
12 minutes -
25 female KNUST physics students receive GH¢87,500 Whittaker Foundation suppo
14 minutes -
Berekuso-Kwabenya-Kitase road project stalls as First Sky cites unsigned contract and funding challenges
17 minutes -
Interior Ministry urges strict enforcement of Armoured Bullion Vehicle standards in Ghana
19 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped man after Ford F-150 crashes into Kia Rio at Suhum Niifio
21 minutes -
Firefighters need stronger protection from smoke, air pollution risks – Clean Air Fund
22 minutes -
Constitution guarantees speedy trials for all cases, not selected ones — Kpemka tells Deputy AG
23 minutes -
Hostel operators warn Rent Control action could worsen accommodation shortage at KNUST
24 minutes -
Fire Service equipment shortage persists as some appliances go 15 years without replacement
26 minutes -
Guinness Ghana DJ Awards 2026 nationwide tour kicks off in Winneba
27 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin accuses GoldBod management of ‘crass incompetence’ over alleged losses
28 minutes -
Livestream: National Mining Dialogue 2026 underway
36 minutes -
Small arms amnesty campaign boosts surrender, regularisation of weapons in Ashanti Region
44 minutes