WBO Africa Super welterweight champion, Patrick Allotey, has been captured in a circulating video beating up a football fan.
The incident is believed to have occurred at the Accra Sports Stadium during the super clash game between Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko on Sunday.
The video, which has since gone viral, shows Allotey asking the fan to move away since he appeared to be blocking his view.
The unidentified fan refused at which point Allotey is seen removing a headset around his neck and he begins to push the spectator.
In the video, the pro-boxer who lost his last fight against Mexican Jaime Munguia, delivered three quick stiff jabs to the face of the fan. This plunged the unnamed fan to the ground where he struggled to get back up.
Also in the video, some women in the stands can be heard urging the pro-boxer to stop the attack on the spectator.
The fan sustained a gash under his left eye and had to be stitched.
The viral video has angered many on social media who are demanding action from the Ghana Boxing Authority, the WBO and the police.
Allotey could lose his boxing license as part of sanctions from Ghana Boxing Authority and other global boxing organisations.
Below is the viral video of Allotey beating up the fan
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa