Telecommunication giant, MTN Ghana has launched a competition to monetize the creativity of content developers in the country.
The digital innovation dubbed MTN Shortz is also to give subscribes a chance to make short video contents, which includes comedy, animations, podcast, games and films.
Speaking at the launch MTN Shortz, Acting Chief Marketing Officer of MTN, Noel Kojo-Ganson underscored the need to make smartphones more relevant during this digital age as the poised to create relevant contents that would inform, entertain and educate the user.
He said: "MTN Shortz is a platform that would empower our customers digitally and serve as a reference point for them to access short video contents like comedy, animation, podcast, games and Films. This platform is also expected to be revenue generating source for content developers.
"In order to boost content injection on the MTN Shortz platform and create the opportunity for content developers to monetize their creation. MTN is inviting content creators, animators, game developers, newspaper houses, movie producers, TV stations, radio stations, bloggers, social media experts to submit very innovative contents on MTN Shortz platform to participate in the MTN Shortz Challenge" he stated.
Mr. Kojo-Ganson further stated that, content should be generated locally, as they would use the platform to encourage the rich cultural heritage of Ghana.
"The MTN Shorts challenge presents an opportunity for all of us to tell the African story or share information on the Ghana's culture and any other useful information required for life.
"Content could be on health, education and any other issue of social importance. We hope to receive very exciting and thought provoking contents from various developers," he noted.
Applicants interested in challenge would have to logon onto mtn.com.gh/shortz and provide necessary personal details for registration from August 8 till August 27, with participant standing a chance of winning a total cash prize of Ghc 50,000.00
The main MTN Shortz platform is expected to run after the challenge as various workshops would be organised by the telecommunication giants in order to educate content developers about how the platform works.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house
- Ghana, UAE trade volumes expected to hit $4 billion by end of 2018
- G4S will continue to innovate, evolve — MD
- FBNBank draws down curtain on 2018 ‘Save and Win’ promo
- Shell customers meet management, get more than expected
- RwandAir seeks approval to run Accra-New York route