The first Accra SDGs Investment Fair to start December 5 is to kick-start the process of developing a systematic, green and inclusive economy by identifying the financial gaps that act as an impediment to the efficient realization of the SDGs.
The Fair is being organised by the Ministry of Finance and the Ghana Investment Promotions Centre (GIPC), in collaboration with the SDG Advisory Unit at the Presidency.
“The Accra SDG Impact Investment Fair is a market place that brings together policy makers, businesses, innovators, and private investors with the aim of driving change at scale. We want to generate positive, measurable social and environmental impact while ensuring financial returns for social investments in Ghana,” Ken Ofori-Atta, Minister for Finance said in a statement.
Mr Ofori-Atta said “It is our belief that by unleashing the triple powers of public policies, impact capital and social entrepreneurship, our socio-economic challenges will be largely resolved. This, we hope, will enable us consolidate significant gains for present and future generations.”
SDG investments are a new generation of impact and social investment strategies designed to attract private investments towards the SDGs while ensuring financial returns for investors.
The Accra SDGs Impact Investment fair is to:
- Connect Ghanaian and African SDG related businesses with investors;
- Explore opportunities for private sector collaboration in government pipeline projects;
- Identify new innovative and smart solutions to solve developmental issues at all scales;
- Kick-starte entrepreneurial initiatives, especially among the youth and women; and
- Provide a platform for multi-stakeholder resource mobilisation.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Only 2% in informal sector pay taxes
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region