The “German African Business Summit (GABS)” would be held in Accra from 11-13 February 2019.
Mr Christoph Retzlaff, the German Ambassador to Ghana, said up to 750 leaders, decision-makers and business representatives from business and politics from Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa would be participating in the Accra Summit.
He said at the GABS, top business and government leaders from Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa meet every two years in Africa to discuss and promote economic relations between Europe’s largest economy and the fastest-growing region in the world.
Speaking at a press conference in Accra to formally announce the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel’s visit to Ghana in August, Mr Retzlaff said GABS was Germany’s signature business event in Africa.
Mr Retzlaff said the GABS 2019 in Accra would enable German and African business interests to meet to explore economic partnerships between Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa.
He noted that the previous edition of GABS was held in Nairobi Kenya.
The GABS is organised by the Sub-Saharan Africa Initiative of German Business (SAFRI).
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park