The “German African Business Summit (GABS)” would be held in Accra from 11-13 February 2019.
Mr Christoph Retzlaff, the German Ambassador to Ghana, said up to 750 leaders, decision-makers and business representatives from business and politics from Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa would be participating in the Accra Summit.
He said at the GABS, top business and government leaders from Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa meet every two years in Africa to discuss and promote economic relations between Europe’s largest economy and the fastest-growing region in the world.
Speaking at a press conference in Accra to formally announce the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel’s visit to Ghana in August, Mr Retzlaff said GABS was Germany’s signature business event in Africa.
Mr Retzlaff said the GABS 2019 in Accra would enable German and African business interests to meet to explore economic partnerships between Germany and Sub-Saharan Africa.
He noted that the previous edition of GABS was held in Nairobi Kenya.
The GABS is organised by the Sub-Saharan Africa Initiative of German Business (SAFRI).
More Business Headlines
- Gov’t does not owe GN Savings and Loans – BoG reacts to viral claim
- S&L cleanup: Payment of depositor’s claims to begin before end of August
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup: BoG approach should have been less destructive
- GRA staff urged to abide by codes of conduct
- Photos: MTN Heroes of Change receive awards
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down