Elders and people of Ekumfi Mbroboto in the Ekumfi district of the Central Region, over the weekend, climaxed the annual Ayereye festival with a special display of Asafo dance.
This year’s festival was described as special by some of the patrons following the splendid performance put up by the four Asafo dancers.
The colourful durbar which was witnessed by the Paramount Chief of Ekumfi Traditional Area, Odeefo Nana Akyin II, attracted hundreds of patrons from the surrounding communities and natives from cities across the country.
At exactly 3: 15 pm members of the Breman Asafo company of the town and cadet corps of Akyin Senior High School converged on the outskirt of the town to meet the Ekumfi Paramount Chief and his entourage.
On his arrival, the Ekumfi Overlord, who was accompanied by the Queen Mother, Nana Benyiwaa VI, drove through the town while residents lined up by the road to cheer them.
They were later ushered onto the durbar ground by the chief of the town Nana Odziakopa Arko VII.
Odeefo Akyin said his vision for the people is quality education and therefore promised to work with stakeholders in education to achieve this goal.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO
- StarLife CEO named among Female Trailblazers in African insurance industry
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation
- Ghana stocks head for 21-month low as banking concerns linger
- PIAC rejects 'poor data quality' excuse for direct negotiation for oil blocks
- Gov’t to introduce financing scheme for Made in Ghana cars
- Bawumia leads gov't's trade, investment delegation to Canada
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?