Elders and people of Ekumfi Mbroboto in the Ekumfi district of the Central Region, over the weekend, climaxed the annual Ayereye festival with a special display of Asafo dance.
This year’s festival was described as special by some of the patrons following the splendid performance put up by the four Asafo dancers.
The colourful durbar which was witnessed by the Paramount Chief of Ekumfi Traditional Area, Odeefo Nana Akyin II, attracted hundreds of patrons from the surrounding communities and natives from cities across the country.
At exactly 3: 15 pm members of the Breman Asafo company of the town and cadet corps of Akyin Senior High School converged on the outskirt of the town to meet the Ekumfi Paramount Chief and his entourage.
On his arrival, the Ekumfi Overlord, who was accompanied by the Queen Mother, Nana Benyiwaa VI, drove through the town while residents lined up by the road to cheer them.
They were later ushered onto the durbar ground by the chief of the town Nana Odziakopa Arko VII.
Odeefo Akyin said his vision for the people is quality education and therefore promised to work with stakeholders in education to achieve this goal.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- G4S will continue to innovate, evolve — MD
- FBNBank draws down curtain on 2018 ‘Save and Win’ promo
- Shell customers meet management, get more than expected
- RwandAir seeks approval to run Accra-New York route
- Global stocks extend slump as growth worries mount
- Reducing post-harvest loses key to tackling hunger – Analyst
- KPMG South Africa apologizes for scandals, seeks second chance
- Front pages: Monday, December 10, 2018
- Better days ahead – Akufo-Addo assures industry
- Akufo-Addo leaves for 3-day Japan visit to boost trade ties
- Tullow Ghana to pay dividend to gov't in 2019
- Hope for small-scale miners at last; gov’t to announce new mining policy
- ECG’s losses swell to ¢1.15bn in 6 months ahead of Meralco ‘takeover’
- Dr Felix Anyah adjudged Ghana’s Most Respected CEO
- High public debt, rapidly depreciating currency will not be feature in my gov’t – Akufo-Addo