Construction specialists Comland Ghana Limited will build a turnkey warehouse at Appolonia Business Park, the light industrial zone at Appolonia City, Greater Accra’s new city development.
The partnership will deliver its first warehousing facility targeting clients looking to lease space in the business park and positioned to offer build-to-lease solutions for tenants which include local and international companies.
“We are delighted to partner with Comland,” said Bright Owusu-Amofah, CEO of Appolonia City.
“Comland’s experience and expertise in providing bespoke construction solutions in Ghana are second to none. Our business park gives Comland the right platform to serve varied clients, particularly in the construction of warehouses and other facilities,” he added.
For his part, Comland CEO Darren Spencer said that the company’s investment in Appolonia Business Park follows an analysis of industry trends.
According to him, “this partnership is a great step towards what we believe will change the narrative for commercial and industrial projects in Ghana. We believe Appolonia City’s Business Park will be Ghana’s next big industrial hub.”
The 200-acre Appolonia Business Park is suitable for logistics and warehousing, food and beverage, agro-processing, building materials, shared services and data centres, garments and textiles and plastics and chemicals, among other industries.
Earlier this year, the Association of Ghana Industries signed an agreement with Appolonia City to develop an area within the large-scale urban development, designated for use by some of Ghana’s leading manufacturing and industrial companies.
A number of local and international companies have already purchased land at Appolonia Business Park, including Alusynco, Crownhouse Construction & Logistics Ltd, PUMA Energy Ltd and Total Ghana Ltd.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vivo Energy holds ‘Junior Road Care’ for school children
- Pernod Ricard wins Top Employer award in sub-Saharan Africa
- 36 leading brands, top Marketing Professionals honoured at 8th MWA
- Shopping spree at Achimota Mall as prices tumble ahead of Black Friday
- Fidelity Bank honoured with 3 awards
- Tread cautiously over revenue projections for 2019 - IFS warns gov't
- Ghanaian entrepreneur gets Glo-BC award for “commitment to Business Excellence”
- ADB staff oppose proposed ADB-NIB merger
- Opportunity International, UK Aid launch project to empower women
- Gov't to complete merger of ADB, NIB by Dec 31
- Gov't revisiting plans to lock in oil prices - Ofori-Atta
- MTN Ghana assures shareholders of good times ahead
- Borrowing in 2019 won’t cause debt distress – Ofori-Atta assures
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Gov't engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties