Officials of GAME say all is set for the opening at West Hills Mall of the popular general merchandise store from October to serve the residents of Accra West.
According to the supermarket giant, they have concluded formal processes of occupancy, paving the way for a grand opening for them to start trading at Accra’s biggest mall.
The South Africa-based GAME is a highly celebrated retailer of general domestic merchandise and non-perishable groceries for homes, for leisure and for business use.
The store replaces Palace as an anchor tenant at West Hills Mall and will trade within a space of approximately 3,500 square metres on the east end of the facility previously occupied by Palace.
“The arrival of GAME at West Hills Mall is a blessing for shoppers, as the store comes to hugely beef up the product variety offered by the mall and also introduce a vast range of special merchandise, especially household items.
"We do know that so many residents on the west side of Accra have had the inconvenience of travelling elsewhere in the city for these items,” said Jonathan Lotter, Asset Manager.
GAME is a subsidiary of Massmart Holdings of South Africa. It has multiple stores in eleven African countries and is continually opening new stores across the continent.
Ghanaians have known and experienced GAME since 2007, but on a rather limited scale, as until last year, there was only one GAME store in the country, located at Accra Mall.
The arrival of GAME at West Hills Mall and later at Achimota Retail Centre will bring the total number of stores in Ghana to four, including one at Kumasi City Mall.
Residents in Accra West and regular shoppers of West Hills Mall are elated as many have eagerly anticipated the arrival of GAME since February this year when it was rumoured that the superstore was on its way to the mall.
“Yes. It is now official and certain that GAME is pitching camp here (West Hills Mall). With the completion of the BO exercises just weeks ago, we expect that the store will commence trading in a matter of weeks – sometime in October,” said a reliable source close to the West Hills Mall Management.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Government engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties
- IMF says optimism in South Africa's economic recovery fading
- Govt releases GH¢2 billion to pay contractors
- Microfinance depositors demand gov’t bail out
- Nana Efua Rockson is “Woman PR Professional of the Year 2018”
- VISA to drive financial inclusion through football; signs sponsorship deal with CAF
- ECG invests "more than GH¢14m" to improve Accra West systems
- Israel explores economic opportunities in Ashanti Region
- Ecobank Ghana celebrates Day with $150,000 CSR project
- What Africa's central banks will discuss in the next 10 days
- Gold Fields West Africa pays $16m dividend to gov't
- Daniel McKorley wins Chamber Business Man of the Year award
- Central Bank not taking over Ideal Finance - Management clarifies
- Terkper refutes Ofori-Atta’s ‘hand-to-mouth’ description of economy