Tullow Ghana says it is targeting a growth in production from the current 147, 000 barrels to 180,000 in 2019.
Managing Director of Tullow Ghana, Kweku Awotwi disclosed to JoyBusiness that the company is expected to complete the repair works on the turret bearing on the Jubilee FPSO by the first quarter of 2019, a strong indication of meeting the 180,000 barrels target.
He made the disclosure at an end of year media engagement in Accra. “Tullow’s drilling programme is targeting significant growth production from around 147, 000 barrels 2018 to just over 180, 000 in 2019,” he said.
Mr Awotwi said the company has identified other potentials which could lead to new discoveries in the country.
He said, “undrilled prospects and leads have been identified within the Jubilee and TEN fields which could lead to new discoveries and the generation of additional production and revenue for Ghana and other joint venture partners.”
Meanwhile, Tullow has committed $10 million to support infrastructure for the free senior high school programme.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Closed season ends! Gov't opens sea for fishing activities
- Frimps Oil denies 'cheating' customers
- Leveraging technology for improved living – Jumia shows the way
- AfDB showcases impact of Korean drone technology on agricultural productivity
- Firmus Advisory holds stakeholder engagement for regulatory agencies
- VIDEO: Savings and Loans sector cleanup: To panic or not to panic
- We’re still in business – ECG boss
- Disease lowers Ghanaian cocoa output, processors must import – Sources
- Gov’t commits to funding environment-friendly houses
- No foreign participation in Ghana's ESLA bond - BoG
- Huawei Ghana allays fears about brand future: unveils new Y9 Prime 2019
- Agric ministry triggers interventions to contain reemerging Fall Army Worms
- MTN urges young entrepreneurs to embrace digital marketing
- Trade Minister urges European businesses to establish presence in Ghana
- Dubai Chamber to host 5th Global Business Forum on Africa