Total Ghana has announced 16 finalists in the Startupper of the Year Challenge.
The process of shortlisting the entries submitted to the 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Ghana has been completed.
The projects were selected out of more than 1197 entries, through a questionnaire and a “Share for Likes” voting phase, before being reviewed by social business professionals.
The 16 finalists will pitch their projects on 8th February 2019. They will receive coaching before presenting to a local jury.
When the final selection process closes on 8th February 2019, the jury will announce the names of the three winners of the 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Ghana on 1st March 2019 during a celebration event.
These young entrepreneurs will receive financial support of up to GH¢90,000 for 1st winner; GH¢ 54,000 for 2nd winner, GH¢36,000 for 3rd winner; personalized support and coaching from Total Petroleum Ghana Limited and a communications campaign to publicize their project.
There will also be a Top Female Entrepreneur award for one of the finalists to support her project. The prizes will be awarded at an official ceremony.
The 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge, held simultaneously in 55 countries — 37 of which are in Africa, 11 in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East region, 4 in the Americas, and 3 in Europe — reaffirms Total’s commitment to social and economic development in host countries worldwide. By helping innovative young entrepreneurs to realize their projects, the Challenge strengthens the local social fabric.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MTN Group appoints Oyebowale Akideinde Head OTT Music Services
- Key Soap rewards loyal consumers at Promo Baako Pe 2018 grand finale
- Nigeria hits oil majors with billions in back taxes
- South Africa's Eskom bailout could reach $10.79 billion
- Financial Stability Advisory Council a step in the right direction - Banking consultant
- VIDEO: SONA 2019 - What President Akufo-Addo said on the economy
- Allow us to advertise – Medical directors urge regulator
- Anglogold Ashanti supports small scale industries with maiden trade show in Obuasi
- New Suzuki Ciaz, Suzuki Vitara models unveiled
- NCA revokes Expresso's operating licence
- ECG takeover to happen Feb. 27
- SONA 2019: Govt to launch National Automotive Policy in March
- Ghana needs $2bn agro, industry investment to stabilise cedi
- Jubilee House to be powered by Solar energy from August
- Tax exemption policy growing menace to fiscal stability, revenue generation – Akufo-Addo