A special investigative team has been set up to look into how funds were disbursed to parties involved in the collapse of the defunct Capital Bank, Attorney-General, Gloria Akuffo, has revealed.
She explained that the special team has become necessary because the case of the collapsed bank is a public interest matter that must be prosecuted expeditiously.
According to her, monies were given for a specific purpose – which is to revive the bank – but the monies were allegedly used for a different purpose.
She stated that the funds were not given to any individual but were to serve as liquidity support and should have been treated as such.
Four persons, Founder of defunct Capital Bank William Ato Essien, the Managing Director of the bank, Fitzgerald Odonkor, Tettey Nettey, the Managing Director of MC Management Services, Essien and Kate Quartey-Papafio, a businesswoman and Managing Director of Reroy Cables Company Limited, have been charged with theft.
They appeared in court on Monday where they pleaded not guilty to charges of stealing and money laundering.
They have been granted bail to reappear at a different date.
Listen to her in this video.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Philanthropist drills mechanised borehole for Saabisi Primary School in Upper East
My legal experience earned me deputy ministerial slot – Egyapa Mercer
‘We won’t accept such stories’ – Family of murdered aeronautical engineer reacts to suspects account
Aeronautic engineer was shot 12 times in the neck and chest; Family rejects account of 3 suspects
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture