The Black Galaxies will face Niger in the quarterfinal of the 2022 African Nations Championship (CHAN) following the latter’s 1-0 win over Cameroon on Tuesday night.
Ousseni Badamassi’s 69th-minute strike ensured Niger toppled Cameroon to finish top in Group E, setting up an exciting showdown with the Black Galaxies.
Annor Walker’s side finished their group stage campaign in second place after losing their opening game to Madagascar.
However, with six points in their last two fixtures, Ghana booked a place in the last eight of the competition where they will now face Niger.
The quarterfinal game between the two teams is scheduled for Saturday, January 28, at the Miloud Hadefi Stadium in Oran, Algeria.
Saturday’s encounter will be the second meeting between these two sides following their first meeting in the 2011 edition, where Niger beat Ghana in the group stage en route to a quarterfinal exit.
The Black Galaxies will also be hoping to advance to the semifinal of the competition for the third time in four appearances at the CHAN tournament having done so previously in 2009 and 2014, where they finished as silver-medalists.
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Christian Atsu found – Turkish media confirm
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- GRA rolls out agenda for nurturing young officers
- Mr James Robert Atiapah
- Turkey earthquake: Survivors in streets as rain hampers rescue
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- 5 SHS students fight for their lives after dining hall roofing collapsed on them
- Don’t behave like Finance Ministry is your personal property – Kpebu tells Ofori-Atta over nonpayment of matured coupons
- Glory to God – Social media users rejoice after Christian Atsu found alive
- Put hefty taxes on alcohol, cigarettes to generate funds money to fight cancer
- Total household spending falls by 11% in 2022 – UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce survey
- NDC to consider reforms for selecting leaders in Parliament – National Council of Elders
- We want to make VAR interventions more understandable for spectators – Pierluigi Collina
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Mukwala nets brace as Kotoko run riot against Accra Lions
- Parliament resumes from recess today
- ‘You are free to sign DDEP is not the same as exemption’ – Dr Adu Anane Antwi
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys