Wilfred Ndidi’s second-half header earned Leicester City a deserved point and denied Frank Lampard victory in his first game at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea manager.
Chelsea took the lead when 20-year-old midfielder Mason Mount scored a memorable first goal for the Blues after robbing Ndidi of possession just outside the Foxes penalty area before beating Kasper Schmeichel with a low drive.
Lampard’s side started with real intent, Spain forward Pedro volleying into the side-netting and France midfielder N’Golo Kante denied a goal against his former club by Christian Fuchs’ fine challenge either side of Mount’s goal.
Leicester were much better after half-time and secured the point their second-half dominance warranted when Nigeria midfielder Ndidi got between Spain right-back Cesar Azpilicueta and France defender Kurt Zouma to head in from a corner.
Both teams remain without a win, with Leicester on two points from two games, one more than Chelsea.
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- “His management said he’s not ready” – Tanko on Afena-Gyan turning down Black Meteors invitation
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations