China says it will “temporarily” ban travelers from Belgium, the UK and the Philippines from entering the country in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Due to the pandemic, it is now announced that people in Belgium will be temporarily stopped from entering China with current valid Chinese visas for work, private affairs, and group residence permits,” the Chinese Embassy in Belgium said in a statement on Wednesday.
The same announcement was made by the Chinese Embassy in the UK on Wednesday and in the Philippines on Thursday — applying to all non-Chinese nationals in both countries.
China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs reiterated Thursday that it is a “temporary measure” based on changes in the pandemic.
“China has referred to the practices of many countries and adjusted its approach to relevant people coming to China based on changes in the pandemic situation. This is reasonable and consistent with international practice, and I believe people can understand it,” foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
Brazil winger Willian leaves Corinthians after ‘receiving death threats’