The Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) in collaboration with World Cocoa Foundation has shared a variety of chocolate products with some Cocoa Farmer Cooperatives in various cocoa-growing Regions as part of this year’s National Chocolate Day celebration.
In an interaction with the farmers on Tuesday, February 14, the Executive Director for the Cocoa Health and Extension Division (CHED), Rev Edwin Afari encouraged them to consume cocoa-based products and join the campaign for local consumption, to help boost the country’s cocoa sector.
Rev. Afari also commended cocoa farmers for their continued adherence to the good agronomy practice that has helped maintain the country’s premium quality on the international market
“Ghana still maintains the premium quality standard because of the good practices you adhere to, please continue with it”, he advised.
Rev. Afari further encouraged the farmers to capitalize on COCOBOD’s productivity Enhancement Programmes (PEPs) to help increase the country’s cocoa production levels.
The Country Director for World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), Dr Betty Annan highlighted the need for Cocoa Farmers in the country to appreciate and consume the final product of their hard work.
“Farmers work day-in day-out but the purchasing level of the final products is low, that is why we are celebrating the 2023 chocolate day with them in their respective communities” she emphasized.
She said the WCF shares in the agenda of COCOBOD to encourage farmers to develop a taste for cocoa-based products.
Adding on, Dr. Annan stressed on the need for local chocolate processors to build on the platform created to promote their products, in order to help boost the county’s consumption drive.
“I believe this is a good platform to rally behind COCOBOD’s agenda to boost the country’s chocolate consumption drive”, she added.
The team also visited some selected public schools in the region where they shared chocolate and a variety of cocoa-based products with the pupils and their teachers.
The donation was part of a series of programmes Ghana COCOBOD and some collaborating agencies organized in celebration of the 2023 National Chocolate Week.
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- EFF joins other Pan African movements to stand with the people of Sudan
- Popular actress opens up about her past: From love to hatred towards her mother
- Ghana Climate Innovation Centre to host the 5th annual Incubating Climate Innovation Symposium
- ‘Sex for grades’ outlawed by Nigeria’s parliament
- Book Review: ‘Her Virginity’; thinking she was loved by the best!
- Camidoh nominated in 2023 BET Awards
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Wendy Shay thrills music lovers as she gets featured by one of Haiti’s biggest music star, K-Dilak
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Anthrax outbreak: FDA attributes it to butchers’ disregard for food safety standards
- Fight against galamsey: Residents of Segyemase worried about destruction of their water bodies
- District Education leaders embark on Change Leadership Programme
- Black Stars midfielder Salis Abdul Samed signs one-year contract extension with Lens
- Chelsea reject Emerson Palmieri makes history with Conference League win