Head coach of the Comoros national team Amir Abdou has described the draw for the 2021 AFCON as unkind to his side after they were placed alongside Ghana, Morocco and Gabon.
Comoros’ debut at the continental showpiece will be memorable but also tricky as they must compete in a group that has four time winners Ghana, Morocco and Gabon who will be lead by Arsenal’s Piere-Emerick Aubameyang.
“We can’t say that the draw was kind to us. But it’s not surprising. The Comoros were placed in the fourth hat, there was a great chance to inherit big teams.
That will be the case with Ghana and Morocco. Gabon also has a good team. We have played all these teams in recent years. We managed to hold Morocco (2-2) and Ghana (0-0) in Moroni.”
Amir Abdou however insists his team will try their best when the tournament kicks off in Cameroon next year.
“This time it will be different, on neutral ground. We will have to be very serious and attentive against these very high level opponents. We will try to do our best. And for us, it is a great pleasure to participate in this AFCON, for the first time.”
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth
- Opanin Kwadwo Taah (Alias Papa J. K.)
- Submit report on persons responsible for infractions in Auditor-General’s report – Akufo-Addo charges SIGA, A-G
- Gerald Akwasi Koranteng
- Criticism that BoG was too slow in dealing with inflation is unfair – Economist
- Stonebwoy to feature Kenya’s Khaligraph Jones in new single