The Kaneshie District Court has remanded into police custody a 50-year-old cargo agent who lodged at a hotel from January 11, to May 21, and later issued dud cheques to cover his bills.
Michael A. Gyasi denied issuing the two dud cheques of the Access Bank.
He will be brought back to the Court on June 24.
Police Inspector John Baidoo told the Court presided over by Rosemond Dodoa Agyiri that Mr Kofi Agyare, a receptionist of the AMPAQX Grand Hotel is the complainant.
He said the accused, a cargo agent at the Tema Harbour on January 11 this year, went and lodged at the hotel located at Asylum Down in Accra.
Inspector Baidoo said the daily charge was ¢150 and his bill accrued to ¢19,000 as at May 21.
He said Gyasi then paid ¢8,350 and afterwards issued two separate cheques of ¢1,700 and ¢2,000 for the outstanding balance but the cheques were dishonoured when presented at the bank.
The Prosecution said this led to his arrest and after he was cautioned, he was arraigned.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment
Affail Monney beats a retreat and apologises for ‘any misimpression’
Boys development advocate calls for global observance of World Day For the Boy
Papa’s Pizza donates boxes of pizza to Chief Imam
Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
Yamkela Makupula: Decolonising Africa’s economies is the solution to an integrated continent
NRSA upscales road safety measures on highways
Enterprise Life names Diana Hamilton and Kofi Kinaata as brand ambassadors
Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
Domestic violence still rife in Upper West Region – Action Aid Ghana
Tokyo 2020: United States track and field team cancels pre-Olympic training in Japan
NCCE urges security agencies to be neutral
Aymeric Laporte switch from France to Spain approved by Fifa
Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises