Four persons infected with Covid-19 are in critical condition and are on ventilators while 14 others are critically ill, the Ghana Health Service (GHS) has said.
Meanwhile, 339 new cases of the coronavirus disease have been confirmed as the country’s total case count nears 13,000.
At a press briefing Thursday, Director of Public Health at the GHS, Badu Sarkodie disclosed the number of cases confirmed is 12,929.
This represents a positivity rate of 4.95 as 261,319 tests have been conducted, Dr. Sarkodie says.
Of these, 4,468 have recovered while 66 have died from complication from the Covid-19.
This leaves the active cases at 8,395; these cases are being managed from treatment centres, isolation sites and from home, the Director said.
Regional distribution of new cases
The 339 new cases came from nine of the 16 regions in the country, Dr. Sarkodie noted.
-Greater Accra led the pack with 154 cases recorded in 17 Districts.
-Western Region followed with 58 cases from two Districts
-Ashanti Region, 41 cases in five Districts
-Central Region 38 cases in a single District
-Eastern Region, 15 cases in two Districts
-Volta Region, 13 cases were recorded from four Districts
-Bono East Region, nine cases in three Districts
-Northern Region, also had nine cases but in one Districts
-And Savannah reported two cases in one District
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
Travis Barker celebrates Kourtney Kardashian on her birthday
DKB solicits funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby
Senyo Hosi: When shall we breathe?
Meet 2 life-changing health professionals in Northern Ghana
The beauty ideal fuelling an illicit drugs trade
Dental trauma: What to know and what to do
Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash