Audio By Carbonatix
The Ashanti Region has not recorded any Covid-19 related death for almost one week despite an increase in confirmed cases within the period.
Mortality rate of the deadly disease in the Region still remains 38 since the Regional Health Directorate updated the media on June 17, but 554 new cases had been recorded as at 7 pm on Tuesday.
According to an updated report issued by the Directorate this morning, 42 new confirmed cases were recorded yesterday bringing the total caseload to 2,957.
The report, which was signed by Dr Emmanuel Tinkorang, the Regional Director of Health Services, said 39 out of 43 districts in the Region had so far recorded cases.
It said 1,918 people had cumulatively recovered and discharged, leaving 1,001 active cases.
A total of 48 cases, according to the report, were currently on admission at treatment centres, while 134 were also in isolation centres.
The report also indicated that contact tracers reached 79 contacts of confirmed cases on Tuesday, while 56 suspected cases were also identified.
Meanwhile, a total of 57,368 samples have been taken by the health authorities since the Region recorded its first case of Covid-19 through routine surveillance, community screening, follow-up test and contacts of a confirmed case.
Latest Stories
-
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
30 minutes -
Gov’t targets petroleum upstream recovery after five years of consecutive decline
1 hour -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
1 hour -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
2 hours -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
2 hours -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
3 hours -
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
3 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
3 hours -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
4 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
4 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
4 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
5 hours -
Tension in Kasoa: Assembly pulls down shops for 24-hour economy project
6 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
6 hours -
Eastern Regional Minister halts Koforidua China Mall project over severe flooding
6 hours