Founder and Leader of the All People’s Congress (APC), Hassan Ayariga, has joined the Covid-19 awareness campaign following his near-death experience with the disease.
The APC leader is said to have battled for his life and had to be put on life support for survival.
After being on admission for three weeks, Mr Ayariga has recovered and is urging all Ghanaians to observe all the Covid-19 protocols.
“I am very grateful to God for my life. Covid-19 is no respecter of persons. Wear your nose mask, wash your hands and stay safe,” he said
In a post on Facebook, the political party leader also expressed gratitude to the health workers at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital and International Maritime hospital (IMAH) “for their wonderful and excellent service and treatment.”
Ghana’s Covid-19 cases have surged in the last 40 days. So far, the country has confirmed 109,022 cases, and currently, 6,765 cases are active with 892 deaths.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister