The Sunyani West Municipality of the Bono Region has recorded four deaths out of 97 Covid-19 cases recorded in the Municipality.
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Martin Obeng, disclosed to AdomNews the Assembly, together with personnel from the Ghana Police Services distributed Covid-19 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to residents in some communities in the Municipality.
The beneficiaries include traditional rulers, trader’s and individuals at Chiraa, Odomase and Nsuatre communities who received 5,000 nose masks and alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
Mr Obeng sensitised the people about the dangers of the disease and asked the public not to believe the rumours about the Covid-19 vaccine.
He again encouraged the public to partake in the vaccination exercise to boost their immune systems and to also continue to comply with the safety protocols to prevent the spread of the deadly virus.
The Sunyani West Municipal Police Commander, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Eric Anaba in an interview said the Municipal Security Council had reactivated the Covid-19 taskforce to monitor and ensure strict compliance with the protocols to curb the spread of the pandemic.
DSP Anaba cautioned that funerals, parties, weddings, and other social gathering activities be done in accordance with the Presdient’s directives.
He was emphatic that the taskforce would prosecute persons who breach these protocols.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- #FixTheCountry agitators have no leaders – Barker-Vormawor
- Wesley Girls’ SHS ‘no fasting” policy, strictly for health reasons – Old students
- Ghana’s 4x100m men’s relay team set to pitch camp in Europe ahead of Olympics
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Companies continue to export rosewood to China despite ban – Inusah Fuseini
- Ramadan: UDS Dean of Education condemns Wesley Girls SHS management
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Seek economic assistance from IMF to save economy from troubles – Finance Lecturer
Australian mother convicted of killing her 4 children petitions for a pardon
NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
Ghana Rising: Outlook on Ghana’s promising future as a 21st Century economy
GNAT urged to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
I have been running from the Elder position for almost 3years – Sam George
263 died through road accidents in April alone – MTTD reveals
Chelsea “feel good” about facing Man City in Champions League final – Thomas Tuchel
Kofi Tweneboah: #FixTheCountry – This is your chance to take a stand, fellow youth
Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon Presec, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Bright Simons joins Salzburg Global’s Board of Directors
Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
#FixTheCountry: Any Ghanaian who has a problem with campaign must have citizenship revoked – Sam George
Ecobank and TANOE WomanRising organise business clinic for women-owned and women-focused businesses
Ecobank shareholders to get 55 pesewas per share as dividend
Bolt launches its car-sharing service Bolt Drive