The Council of Elders of the Convention People’s Party (CPP) has inaugurated a five-member Interim Oversight Committee under the chairmanship of Mr. R. O. Frimpong-Manso to oversee the activities of the Party towards its National Delegates’ Congress.
The Council, which inaugurated the committee at a special meeting in Accra on Friday, also named Dr. Adolf Lutterodt and Professor Nii Noi Dowuona as the chairmen for the Extended Congress Planning Committee and Vetting Committee respectively.
This was contained in a statement signed by Mr. James Kwabena Bomfeh Junior, the Acting General Secretary of the Party, and copied to GNA in Accra.
The statement said the action by the Council of Elders was in keeping with the terms of the consent judgment adopted and granted by Madam Mariama Sammo of the Accra Commercial High Court ‘3’ dated Thursday, July 2, 2020.
“The Party wishes all comrades well and invites each member to eschew tendencies that undermine the fortunes and progress of the Party. Let the conduct of every member reflect our much-cherished song. There is a victory for us,” it said.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops