The Minister for Tourism Arts and Culture, Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, says his ministry will ensure that the Creative Arts Agency created will cater to the needs of musicians.
Speaking at the 2021 edition of the 3Music Awards, the Minister acknowledged the importance of authentic Ghanaian music and noted that proper structures should be put in place to ensure that Ghanaian musicians are properly taken care of.
“What we are doing as a government is to create an enabling environment to make all musicians achieve their goals. I want to assure you that this year, the government will set up a creative arts agency that will help solve all the problems of musicians.”
Dr Awal stated that the ministry is aware of the poor royalty payment system in the country and promised to address the issue under his administration.
“We are conscious of the issues of royalties and the wealth of musicians and we think it’s not the best. We want to assure Ghanaian musicians and the Ghanaian public that the creative agency will do its best to provide the needs, sanitize the industry and make musicians better off”.
Dr. Awal is the newly inducted Minister appointed to take charge of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, which hitherto was handled by Barbara Oteng Gyasi, with Dr Ziblim Iddi as her Deputy.
Awal Mohammed once served as CEO of Graphic Communications Group and Chase Petroleum. He was also the Minister for Business Development under President Akufo-Addo’s first term.
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- PPAs agreement: Remarks made by World Bank’s Country Director not supported by facts – Suhuyini
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Saglemi project: Former Housing Ministry’s Chief Director ordered to appear in court in 48hrs
- Linda Yaccarino replaces Elon Musk as Twitter boss
- Rex Omar explains why GHAMRO’s website has been inactive for more than 6 months
- Domelevo case: NDC can admit that the Justices are fair-minded – NPP MP
- Livestream: Valedictory ceremony for Justice Jones Dotse underway
- Health sector needs “strategic” funding – Kwaku Agyeman-Manu
- We need a re-look at taxes affecting automotive industry – Investors
- Ghana and Denmark strengthen bilateral cooperation for sustainable development
- Any club official who approaches you with a bribe doesn’t like you – PFAG official warns
- If you want Olympic boxing medals in Paris move the Black Bombers to camp now!
- NSMQ 2023: 34 schools battle it out for Regional Qualifiers in Western Region
- RTI Commission fines Police Service ¢100k for flouting directives
- Attorney General reviewing draft contract between Tema Oil Refinery, private investor – Deputy Minister of Energy