The Minister for the Interior has announced a 14-hour curfew on the Bawku Municipality in the Upper East Region.
The duration of the curfew, which takes effect from Wednesday 24th November 2021 is 4:00pm to 6:00am.
This was announced in a statement issued on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 and signed by the Minister, Ambrose Dery.
“The Minister for the Interior has on the advice of the Upper East Regional Security Council and by Executive Instrument imposed a curfew on Bawku Municipality and its environs in the Upper East Region from 4:00 pm to 6:00 am effective, Wednesday 24th November 2021,” part of the statement reads.
The Minister explained that the curfew is a “result of threats of insecurity in the communities concerned.”
Ambrose Dery warned that any person within the Municipality found to be carrying arms or ammunition will be arrested and prosecuted.
He has therefore called on “the Chiefs, Elders, Opinion Leaders, Youth and people of the area to exercise restraint in the face of the challenges confronting them as well as to use non-violent means to channel their energies into ensuring peace.”
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo
- IMF Executive Board approves US$3bn under new Extended Fund Facility arrangement for Sri Lanka
- 10 enthralling reasons to tune into Joy Prime channel
- Abolish Section 27 of CAP 127 which makes Islamic marriages invalid – Dwomoh