Media Personality and Musician, Blakk Rasta has called on all stakeholders to ensure that D-Black is made to suffer the consequences of allegedly ‘stealing’ ECG’s power.
Blakk Rasta explained that the scandal made the Electricity Company of Ghana lose a substantial amount of money that could have been used for other developmental projects.
“D-Black should be made to suffer like any other person, yes that’s stealing. If D-Black had broken into Multimedia and stolen GH$500,000 by now Ghanaians will be talking, but because it’s a government institution and people normally say for government work we don’t carry it on our head, but drag it on the floor, that is what exactly D-Black has done,” he alleged
Speaking with Roselyn Felli on Prime Morning, on Monday, the ‘Barack Obama’ hitmaker said it’s time for Ghanaians to change and have a good attitude towards developing the country.
He added that it is a bad precedent for D-Black to embark on the ‘dumsor vigil’ while he is part of the cause of the problem.
“The attitude is when D- black can steal GHC$500,000 worth of electricity and still be part of ‘dumsor vigil’. That is what I am talking about,” he added
Still, on the issue, Blakk Rasta insisted that he doesn’t believe in prisons, hence D-Black should be made to pay in multiple folds, the loss the Company incurred through his alleged scandal to serve as deterrent to others.
“He has to pay in three folds, four-folds, five folds depending on them. For me, he shouldn’t pay less than 10 folds what he has stolen,” Blakk Rasta insisted.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- Debate on censure motion against Ofori-Atta to begin on Thursday
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Go fully digital – Akufo-Addo to Lands Commission
- KNUST College of Engineering Endowment Fund targets 50 million cedis
- Avatar: The Way of Water world premiered in London
- Smoke out killers of Borae Ahenfie – Dominic Nitiwul tasks security agencies
- Anglogold Ashanti addresses inequalities holding back HIV/AIDS response through mini clinics
- Government urged to increase budgetary allocation for child protection
- Justice Dennis Adjei is only West African in next Inns of Court Fellowship
- Over 2 billion World Cup viewers on TV so far – FIFA President
- Tertiary education heading towards danger due to strikes – NUGS
- NIC Boss commended on sustained sensitisation drives
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- Ato Essien Trial: Court did not say state prosecutors were compromised – Judicial Secretary
- TUTAG rejects debt exchange programme