Ningo-Prampram MP, Samuel Nartey George says demons and principalities are leaving the country due to the current economic crisis.
According to the MP, everyone in the country is suffering badly.
Mr Nartey George said Ghanaians can no longer sleep at night because they are worried about the impact of the crisis.
He said it is fearful for families to sleep without seeing an end in sight of the current economic downturn and not knowing how they will make the ends meet the next day.
Contributing to a panel discussion on Metro TV on Friday, October 21, the outspoken legislator said President Akufo-Addo has failed Ghanaians woefully.
“John Mahama has become the latter-day Osagyefo because if you look at where we sit as a country and the doldrums of despair and how people cannot sleep.
“Right now if you are able to sleep from 10 pm to 6 am, then you have sleeping sickness because everybody who is normal up by 3 am, you must wake up and shout because even if your sleep, your sleep is afraid of sleep because you are wondering how you will make ends meet.
“It is fearful. If you had spiritual eyes to see, you will see that demons and principalities are running away from Ghana because things are hard,” he said.
The Ghanaian cedi exchanged for ¢14.50 to $1 in many places on Friday, selling at ¢14.20 at most forex bureaux or the retail market.
This development comes within a week after the cedi earlier depreciated against the dollar.
Scores of Ghanaians have thus taken to social media to bemoan the situation; urging the government to take urgent steps to address the persistent depreciation of the country’s currency.
Development in the UK with the Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng and Prime Minister Liz Truss’ resignation has gotten Ghanaians talking.
Many are calling for the head of the Finance Minister whom they say has not steered the country’s economic affairs well leading to the current hardships.
However, President Akufo-Addo insists that the call is without basis.
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Internal report on CSSPS related corruption ready – Kwasi Kwarteng
- We need to find out if investigation on CSSPS was concluded – Dr. Anti
- We were denied CSSPS data to check public basic schools placement quota – Eduwatch
- GRA taskforce arrests five shopping malls managers for tax infractions
- Ghana free from sleeping sickness
- Forestry Commission demobilises excavator in Atewa Forest
- Emmanuel Owusu: Proposals to operationalise Ghana Financial Stability Fund (GFSF)
- Minority reshuffle: We didn’t consult Caucus for good reasons – Asiedu Nketia
- Chelsea transfer news: Blues bid £105.6m for Enzo Fernandez
- Mr Eazi featured in new star-studded #Boss Campaign
- I Am Investible launches project to create 20k jobs
- Finance Minister’s assurance on DDE welcoming – Individual Bondholders Forum Convenor
- African Development Bank approves $50m and €50m to develop agricultural value chains, improve food security
- ‘We Are One’ promo: The Osei Kuffuors emerge winners of first episode
- DDEP: There will be no punitive action for self-exemption – Individual Bondholders Forum