The Deputy Chief of Staff, Francis Asenso-Boakye has filed his forms to contest as MP for Bantama on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party.
This is the third time Asenso-Boakye will be contesting in the Bantama primaries, having failed to woo enough delegates on two occasions.
Presenting his forms at the party’s constituency office, the former TESCON president said he hopes to get the nod this time around to represent the party in the 2020 general elections.
“I do so with a humble heart and an unwavering conviction that there’s nothing more fulfilling than the honour to represent and serve your people. I’m hopeful that this time around, I would have sufficiently earned their trust and confidence to merit an endorsement,” he wrote in a statement.
He said his experience working at the Office of the President has prepared him “adequately to serve the people of Bantama, both as a legislator and as an agent of development.”
“I hope to discharge my duties diligently if and when given the nod,” he added.
The Deputy Chief of Staff will be coming up against incumbent MP, Daniel Okyem Aboagye who is just in his first term as MP.
Read his full statement after submitting his forms
I wish to announce that I’ve filed papers, this morning, to contest the NPP Parliamentary primary for Bantama Constituency.
It is a privilege to have yet another opportunity to be part of this important undertaking. This will be the third time that I submit myself to be considered by the dutiful delegates of the constituency. I do so with a humble heart and an unwavering conviction that there’s nothing more fulfilling than the honour to represent and serve your people. I’m hopeful that this time around, I would have sufficiently earned their trust and confidence to merit an endorsement.
Bantama has been very kind to me, right from birth. It has nurtured me into becoming a person of value by instilling in me, a sense of purpose and identity. When by good fortune I got a Rotary scholarship to study in America, I took with me the virtues of kindness, compassion and communal spirit that permeates life in Bantama. I know of no other home than Bantama.
As a young boy, I immersed myself in the work of the party, firstly as a footsoldier in the constituency, then as a student activist and later the founding President of of the Tertiary Institutions Confederacy of the NPP (TESCON). Together with colleagues like John Krugu, Sefa Dwamena and Steve Amoah, we led a massive drive to mobilize over 2000 tertiary students in the Ashanti region who served as polling agents in the three Northern regions during the 2000 elections. A feat unparalleled in the history of student mobilization. I’m proud to see how TESCON has become; a vibrant and dynamic students arm of our party . Aside TESCON, I also had the honour to serve as a youth organizer for the then North America branch of the party.
I’m convinced that it was my dedication to duty and commitment to the party that endeared me to then presidential candidate, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to have me serve him as his political assistant.
In appointing me as a deputy chief of staff, I believe His Excellency the President has affirmed me as a person of tact, good judgment and discretion. This position, with its heavy responsibilities, has enhanced my capacity and prepared me adequately to serve the people of Bantama, both as a legislator and as an agent of development. I hope to discharge my duties diligently if and when given the nod.
In this regard, I intend to continue the dialogue I started some few years ago with party functionaries and voters in the constituency about priority challenges that we can collectively tackle. With inspiring and purposeful leadership, Bantama will shine!
Thank you, once more, for your continued support.
God bless Bantama
God bless NPP
God bless Ghana
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display