Fidelity Bank has urged its customers and the general public to disregard claims that the Fidelity Mobile App has been hacked.
The assurance is comeing following a viral video circulating on social media which captures excerpts of the arrest of some fraudsters who have attempted severally to defraud some bank customers through social engineering.
This is similar to mobile money fraud where fraudsters contact individuals and attempt to convince them to give out their PIN, Password, OTP or date of birth.
In a statement, the bank said its financial crime team together with the Police were able to track the activities of these fraudsters and effect their arrest.
It assured customers that the protection of their funds and data is the number one priority.
It also urged all customers and the public not to share their PIN, Password, OTP or Date of Birth with anyone as bank officials will never call to ask for this information.
- Don’t jail me if I fail to pay GH₵20m in April – Ato Essien appeals
- Individual bondholders to be exempted from debt exchange programme – Martin Kpebu
- NDC impasse confirms long-held rivalry between Mahama and Haruna Iddrisu – Sylvester Tetteh
- Apple users with certain old iPhone, iPad devices should install this security update
- It is possible to conclude Debt Exchange Programme without individual bondholders – Economist
- Fire destroys 3 houses, five vehicles at Kwadaso
- Abubakar Malik Atampuri: A detailed analysis of why Dr. Kuganab-Lem lost the Binduri seat to the NPP
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Mohamed Salah is ‘suffering’ this season
- Supporting budget with 46% of Covid-19 funds not wrong – Sylvester Tetteh on Auditor-General’s report
- There is going to be more crisis if the confidence of individuals is crashed – Senyo Hosi
- Akufo-Addo is resolved to reduce plight of Ghanaians through youth employment, job creation – YEA boss
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- The best time for me to write great songs is when I’m heartbroken – Kwabena Kwabena
- I didn’t become a bad manager overnight – Klopp
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- Australian Open: Djokovic beats Tsitsipas in Melbourne final to equal Nadal’s 22 Grand slams wins
- Photos: Gifty Anti fetes children at Tema General Hospital to mark 53rd birthday
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Konongo-Odumasi SHS launches 70th anniversary
- When you silence one journalist, you silence dozens of voices – Portia Gabor
- Bright Simons: Is this the beginning of the end of Ghana’s fiscal crisis?
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA