Radio and Television personality, Doreen Avio has been confirmed as the co-host of the “KiDi & Kuami Eugene live in Concert” scheduled to take place in London, UK.
She will be hosting alongside Gawd Adesope Olajide.
The event, which will be headlined by the two Lynx Entertainment signed artistes, will be held on Sunday, March 6th, 2022, at the iconic Indigo at the O2 Arena.
The announcement was made by Kidi & Kuami Eugene on their social media pages. Taking to his Instagram handle, KiDi wrote; ‘Have you gotten your tickets yet? Excited to announce our hosts ! The energy Gawd Adesope and the beautiful Doreen Avio. Definitely a night to remember.
On his part, Kuami Eugene wrote, “Big Moves 👊🏾 I’m very excited that the Energy Gawd @adesope.olajide and the beautiful @doreen_avio will be our hosts on 6th March!
Miss Avio has hosted a string of concerts in the UK, including the 2021 “Ghana Party in The Park” festival. She was also the Red Carpet host at the Ghana Music Awards UK and has won a couple of trophies for her role as a radio and TV personality in Ghana’s creative industry both in Ghana and UK.
“KiDi & Kuami Eugene live in concert” will serve as an affirmation of the two musicians’ position in the Ghana music industry.
Both artistes have enjoyed critical and commercial success over the last few years and have quickly established themselves as the leaders of the new school of Ghanaian highlife and afrobeat music.
Doreen Avio has received numerous awards, including ‘Female On Air Personality’ at the Moreklue All Youth African Awards (MAYA), Best Achiever in Media (radio), Feminine Ghana Achievement Awards, and Best TV Presenter at the Nollywood Entertainment and Leadership Awards (NELAS).
She is currently the co-host of Hitz FM’s late afternoon show “Cruise Control” and the lead-host of the “Matter Dey” show on Hitz FM.
She has hosted big events in Accra, including the MTN Music Festival, Heroes Concert, Women Connect Conference, Guinness Black Shines Brightest and many others.
In 2021, Doreen Avio earned a partnership from the Embassy of Switzerland, Ghana to help support female disc jockeys in Ghana after a survey by the DJs Union of Ghana (DJUGA) indicated that women make up fewer than 6% of DJs in the country’s creative ecosystem.
The “Female DJ of the Year” at the 2021 Ghana DJ Awards, DJ MJ is the first beneficiary of Doreen Avio’s timely benevolence.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback