Tasked to empower the financial well-being of women, Dr. Loretta Sarpong is seeking to motivate women – led businesses into giant and profitable entities.
Her role at Ecobank Ghana mainly focuses on providing tailor made financial and non-financial support to women who own businesses in the country, businesses managed by women in Ghana, institutions with one-third of their employees being women, among others
“I want to be growing and contributing towards human development, impacting not only this generation, but the next one to come. So I keep learning and adding onto knowledge, seeking to be a better version of myself! I’m a ‘toastmaster’, seeking to improve my leadership and communication skills on daily basis!”, Dr. Sarpong described herself.
This is how she chooses to describe herself in her bio; a selfless being who seeks to impact her generation and beyond.
She heads the women’s desk at Ecobank Ghana Limited, serving in the banking industry for about two decades now, having risen through the ranks.
Her vast experience in banking encompasses retail banking, corporate banking, relationship banking and branch management. Indeed, she served as branch manager for eight years before her appointment as head of the women’s desk.
Today, Joy Business Ghana throws the spotlight on her.
Dr. Loretta Sarpong is a member of several chartered organisations and groups both locally and internationally. Notable amongst them are the Chartered Institute of Administration Ghana (CIAMG), Association of The Certified Chartered Economists (ACCE-US) and the International Professional Management Association (UK). She also serves as one of the directors of Ghana Toastmasters, a non-profit organization that teaches public speaking and leadership through a network of clubs.
She holds a PhD in Management from the Texila American University and MBA from the Paris Graduate School of Management.
She is also a proud Teknokrat (KNUST), graduating with a first degree in Planning (Development Policy Option).
Joy Business Ghana celebrates Dr. Loretta Sarpong for her remarkable role in the banking sector and wishes her well in her ole as head of the women’s desk at Ecobank Ghana.
‘Joy Business Celebrate’ is a new feature on Joy Business social media portals, especially LinkedIn, designed to highlight the achievements of captains of industry, businessmen and women and entrepreneurs doing amazing things in their field of work.
Follow our LinkedIn page via https://www.linkedin.com/company/joy-business-ghana and Facebook via https://www.facebook.com/JoyBusinessGH/.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents