The Minister for Education and Member of Parliament for Manhyia South constituency has been discharged from the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC).
Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh was detained at UGMC on June 24, 2020, after he reported being unwell.
The Education Minister is said to have gone back to the Centre to self-isolate after taking a voluntary test for Covid-19.
In an earlier statement, the Ministry for Education denied the Minister testing positive for the disease adding that “On Tuesday, 16th June 2020, he (Education Minister) underwent various tests, including COVID-19, after feeling unwell for a couple of days.
He tested negative for the virus, and this informed his decision to travel to his constituency for his acclamation on Saturday, 20th June 2020.
“Following his return to Accra, he still felt unwell, and decided to check himself for further tests, including the second test for Covid-19.”
But sharing the news of his release, the latest press statement signed by the Press Secretary to the Minister, Rodney Nkrumah-Boateng said, “Dr Opoku-Prempeh has been discharged with a “positive rapid antibody test and will be monitored.
“He is currently at home resting and would like to thank all those who wished him well during his time in the hospital.”
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize