A well-known Egyptian actress has been given a one-year suspended jail sentence for possession of cannabis.
The drug was found in lollipops and other snacks in her bags, according to the AFP news agency.
Menna Shalabi was travelling from the US to Cairo. Cannabis is legal in some parts of the US, but not in Egypt.
At the time of her arrest in November, Ms Shalabi denied that the drugs belonged to her, Egyptian media report.
Ms Shalabi has previously been nominated for an Emmy Award.
Cannabis is used by many in Egypt despite being illegal, AFP says.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Kumawu roads construction: Residents unhappy with pace and quality of work
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air
- Jason Derulo’s ‘most unsexy’ business investment in a car wash
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Gospel singer Rita Adomolga earns nominations in Ghana Music Awards USA
- Major Mahama’s Trial: ”l was at the wrong place at the wrong time” – Accused
- Agric Ministry confirms one case of Anthrax in Upper East region
- Saglemi Housing trial: Court orders former Chief Director to appear for plea to be taken
- UK-based Ghanaian youngster Tyrell Agyemang joins Middlesbrough from Manchester City
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- Sudan conflict: Army accused of killing Congolese in campus bombing
- JAE5 teams up with Lojay, Libianca for ‘I Wish’
- Denmark has not abandoned Ghana – Ambassador
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- Streaming service to detect and delete ‘deepfake’ AI songs