Ghanaian reggae icon, Blakk Rasta, has said that he finds nothing wrong with a decision by the British High Commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin, joining public discussions in Ghana.
According to him, even though some Ghanaians think he (UK envoy) is being noisy, it is his right as a citizen of the world to speak on issues as he deems fit.
In recent times, Mr Jon Benjamin has been making headlines with his comments on issues of national interest – from sports to politics and social issues. But some persons seemed not happy with his style as a diplomat.
One of his most circulated comments was when he ridiculed infamous Ghanaian maverick pastor, Bishop Daniel Obinim, after the National Communications Authority (NCA) had taken his television channel off the airwaves.
The outspoken High Commissioner, in a tweet said, “Oh no – Obinim’s TV channel has been taken down? Maybe he can reappear in animal form on Discovery Channel?”
Blakk Rasta defended the envoy in a short interview on Friday, “I personally like how he joins in national discussions which some people call interference, but I see it as his right as a citizen of the world.”
Last week both Blakk Rasta and Jon Benjamin were seen in some interesting photographs after they reportedly met to brainstorm on how to encourage international cultural music exchange.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards