Popular Kumawood actress, Mercy Asiedua over the weekend got married to her long-time lover, Nana Agyemang Badu, who happens to be the chief of Kunsu in the Ahafo Ano South District of the Ashanti Region.
The celebrity wedding was a royal ceremony which attracted a number of friends and members of the families.
It was held in Kumasi on Sunday, April 2 and was also attended by some of the crème de la crème of Kumawood movie industry.
Among them were Nana Ama McBrown, Kwaku Manu, Wayosi, Andy Frimpong-Manso, Emelia Brobbey, among others. Members of the Actresses Association of Ghana also did register their presence.
“I feel good and happy because I love my husband. He is a good man. He is my happiness and I love him so much with all my heart,” she told News One on Tuesday.
The actress confirmed that she was on honeymoon with her man; but would not disclose where they were having it (honeymoon).
Mercy is one of Ghana’s successful Kumawood actresses. She has been in the industry for over a decade and known for her talent. She has featured in over 50 movies.
In 2001, she was adjudged the Best Actress for her roles in concert party plays. She used to act on stage before joining the movie industry in 2005.
She is also a musician and has two gospel albums to her credit. Her second album, titled Ye Meho Nsenkyerene’’, was out in September 2011.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards