Ghanaian female dancehall artiste, Grace Kaki Awo Ocansey, better known as Kaakie, says she has not signed to Zylofone Media.
Speaking recently in an interview on Hitz FM, the 'dancehall diva' said that stories circulating on social media about her alleged signing to Zylofon Media are all rumours.
Even though Zylofon Media posted the same picture Kaakie used to announce her departure from Xtra Large Music with the hash tag #NEWWORLD @ KAAKIEGH, the musician denied it and stated that she has not joined the media entity.
She nevertheless, revealed that she will let her fans know whatever she decides to do after her departure from Xtra Large Music.
“It's a rumor. I don't know what to say about that. Whatever the Kaakie brand decides, we are sure to let the fans know about it without anybody asking,” she said.
The ‘Too Much’ songster explained that she left Xtra Large Music, owned by Jam Master Jay, on a positive note and added that, she still respects the label.
She added that most of the reasons for her departure were personal.
“Most of the reasons why I left, were personal and in an as much as I'm no longer with them I still respect them. The most important thing is that we both understand each other,” she said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Wendy Shay hosts Farmers' Day edition of AM Show
- Stop disrespecting me - Stonebwoy warns Shatta Wale
- My song more popular than I but I'll catch up - ‘Do The Dance’ singer
- Video: If ‘chaff’ songs work for Shatta Wale, he should continue - Jupitar
- Rev Azigiza Jnr’s Citizen Fellowship marks first anniversary
- Video: I’m not happy with NPP; I can choose NDC in 2020 – A-Plus
- R Kelly documentary premiere evacuated after threats
- Nana Tuffour, Kuami Eugene others to headline MTN Music Festival
- Social media users attack Shatta Wale for calling out Akufo-Addo
- Photos: Kufuor unveils Christmas tree at Kempinski Hotel
- Shatta Wale showing buttocks on stage is “disgusting” – Stonebwoy
- Bliss on the Hills: Christmas comes to Kwahu Abetifi Republic
- Israeli Embassy hosts Ghanaian dignitaries at Festival of Lights in Accra
- Akosua Adjepong, alleged accomplice refund ¢55,000 in land deal
- I don’t give out beats for free – Producer Appietus tells musicians