Prodigal, a member of VVIP, has noted with resentment that the group will never perform on the same stage with dancehall artiste Shatta Wale.
According to him, he is really appalled by the artiste’s recent utterances and therefore does not think they will ever share a stage with him.
It was reported that the dancehall artiste, who has for some time now attacked some veteran musicians in the industry for criticising him, openly descended on VVIP and Tic Tac at the recently held S Concert at the Accra Sports Stadium.
That incident, coupled with Shatta Wale’s social media war with some Nigerian artistes, firing a gun in the air and also slapping a bodyguard on stage, has forced Prodigal to call for help for the artiste.
Speaking in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty, Prodigal vowed that, “Me and my crew, we will never ever be on any show Shatta Wale is on. Whether they are paying us billions or whatever unless the guy change his attitude and the vibe is right.”
The rapper noted that “we don’t hate him, we love him as a brother but people around him are using the boy against people and it is not right. He is a nice guy and when I first met him, I don’t know now. He really needs to change his way and all the SM fans need to pray for your leader.”
“He was on stage mentioning our names, [including] Obrafour and the rest, VVIP is not on that show and I don’t know why our name has to be coming out of his mouth. But some Ghanaians allow him to do that and I feel it’s about time we have to put a stop to a lot of things in the industry,” he urged.
“We don’t hate him. You can’t hate your fellow him. All his true fans, if you are true Shatta Wale or a true SM fan, you have to pray for him.
"Now, I see him as a deathtrap and he is not going to do his thing to push something on us for us to have a problem with him. We are not in for unnecessary violence stuff or to go and fight Shatta Wale,” Prodigal added.
Nevertheless, the member of VVIP concluded that Shatta Wale is my fellow musician and I will always wish him well.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking