President of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), Bice Osei Kuffour, better known as Obour, has responded to a claim by Akoo Nana that he spends the Union's money extravagantly with his family abroad.
Akoo Nana also added that, Obour neglected his responsibilities as leader of the Union leaving musicians to wallow in poverty.
In response to these allegations on Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM with Doreen Andoh, Obour rubbished the claims.
He insisted that his family has been living in the United States since the days he had his hit single 'Konkontibaa' in 2004.
“Recently, I heard one from Akoo Nana. He hears that my family is in the US and [concludes] I have taken MUSIGA’s money. My family has been living in the US since Konkontibaa days,” Obour revealed.
According to the MUSIGA President, some of these comments that are passed about him are not true and this, he says is unfortunate.
“If you don't know and you just say that Obour has made money [from MUSIGA]. It is sad,” he stated.
He added that he laughs off some of these pronouncements because they are baseless.
Obour mentioned that the numerous complaints he receives about his administration are borne out of the lack of understanding of MUSIGA’s role.
He disclosed that, the Union is strategizing to upgrade its communication machinery to better inform and educate and Ghanaians on the mandate of MUSIGA.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Wendy Shay hosts Farmers' Day edition of AM Show
- Stop disrespecting me - Stonebwoy warns Shatta Wale
- My song more popular than I but I'll catch up - ‘Do The Dance’ singer
- Video: If ‘chaff’ songs work for Shatta Wale, he should continue - Jupitar
- Rev Azigiza Jnr’s Citizen Fellowship marks first anniversary
- Video: I’m not happy with NPP; I can choose NDC in 2020 – A-Plus
- R Kelly documentary premiere evacuated after threats
- Nana Tuffour, Kuami Eugene others to headline MTN Music Festival
- Social media users attack Shatta Wale for calling out Akufo-Addo
- Photos: Kufuor unveils Christmas tree at Kempinski Hotel
- Shatta Wale showing buttocks on stage is “disgusting” – Stonebwoy
- Bliss on the Hills: Christmas comes to Kwahu Abetifi Republic
- Israeli Embassy hosts Ghanaian dignitaries at Festival of Lights in Accra
- Akosua Adjepong, alleged accomplice refund ¢55,000 in land deal
- I don’t give out beats for free – Producer Appietus tells musicians