Singer Celestine Donkor believes the dress code of some gospel musicians have come under heavy criticisms because they lack knowledge in fashion.
She says although gospel music industry has evolved over the years, the dressing of some musicians needs a second look thus the constant criticisms.
Answering a question on the public ridicule of some gospel musicians, particularly female musicians fashion sense, the ‘Okronkronhene’ hit singer said they simply lack knowledge.
According to her, “you can’t put on a night makeup at day and you can’t put on dinner wear in the day. It’s basically lack of knowledge to think you’ve dressed so wonderfully but you look funny.”
“I will not blame those who do that because they do not know,” Celestine Donkor told Doreen Andoh in an interview on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM on Tuesday.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
“Most of us attained this our career path by chance. We don’t have education, we don’t have costume managers. We are not managed properly so we take our personal decision on what to wear and all that,” she said.
The singer noted that the solution is not to insult the musicians but rather “educating” them on how to dress properly.
While she won’t give herself a perfect score when it comes to fashion, she says she always dresses comfortably.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video