This Christmas season is loaded with lots of great music festivities from some of Ghana’s biggest acts.
Multichoice brings you three separate nights for fine music from some Ghanaian musical giants intertwined with Fashion, Art, Food and Pop culture from the streets of Accra.
From Saturday, 22 December, to Saturday, 29 December, DStv customers will experience an unprecedented musical storm live from the vibrant West African capital, Accra.
The storm kicks off on the streets of Osu, in Accra with the 2011 MTV Best African Performer Awards winner and Channel O, Most Gifted Reggae Dancehall Video Artist, Samini, turning up the popular Oxford Street in Accra with his annual street concert: Saminifest.
This street concert is a thank event for fans of the “Rain God” Samini for all the support he has received all year. The concert will feature over 60 local and international acts. Fans across the continent can tune in on the Events Channel 196 from 6pm on the 22nd of December.
Then on Christmas Day storm upgrades into a “category two” one with 2012 BET: Best International Act winner and 2018 AFRIMA: Best Male Artist Inspirational Music winner Sarkodie with a concert dubbed Rapperholic.
This Rap maestro has held this concert five years in a row attracting big name like Big Shaq and Korde Bello in the past. This year he promises another stellar event laden surprise acts from across the continent. Make a date on Channel 196 on 25th December from 8pm for Sarkodie and Friend live at the Rapperholic concert.
The Ghana festival channel reaches fever pitch on the 28th of December when Stone Bwoy’s BHIM Concert featuring the international Reggae acts the Morgan Heritage Family turn up the Fantasy Dome in Accra.
The BET 2015 Best International Act: Africa; winner promises and epic showpiece from 8pm when the show goes live on the Fiesta Channel 329 on DStv and GOtv 159.
To calm the Ghanaian musical tempest off is the Afrochella Festival which is an Arts, Fashion, Food and Music festival scheduled for the 28th of December from 5pm also live on the Events Channel 196.
In its second year, Afrochella has become the biggest outdoor youth gathering attracting over fifteen thousand spectators thus it being moved to the El Wak Stadium in Accra.
Ghanaian music lover across the continent will have to plan their festive plans around this musical storm coming through on the Ghana Festival channel on DStv channel 196.
Managing Director of MultiChoice Ghana, Cecil Sunkwa Mills said, “we are excited to share the Ghana Festival channel with music fans across the continent by making great entertainment more accessible to millions of people across Africa on the DStv platform and on the Fiesta Channel on GOtv channel 159.”
“Ghana has some good local content and we want to use our resources to play a positive role in propping the creative industry into vibrant, economic powerhouse” added Cecil Sunkwa Mills. We look forward to a successful music festival during the festive season.
The Ghana Festival pop-up channel will go live on DStv Channel 196 at 11:30am on 18 December 2018 to 30 December 2018 to all DStv customers on Access, Family, Compact, Compact Plus and Premium. For more information on how to upgrade or sign up to these packages, please visit here.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t
- Throwback video: Prof J.H Nketia talks about documenting Ghana’s verbal arts
- Jussie Smollett: Empire's Lee Daniels describes 'pain and anger'
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live