Music producer, Appietus, has asked musicians who walk into his studios expecting free beats to think again because he is not in the business of freebies.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM, Appietus, born as Appiah Dankwah, said he believes in his craft so well hence wasting time and resources to produce songs for musicians for free cannot happen.
“The young ones want fame so they are begging the artistes now; why would they go to the studio to pay when someone is saying it’s free? I am not prepared to do it for free,” he told Andy Dosty.
“They are using home theatres to mix the sound so they are not getting the right things from the studio monitors. These guys are just doing trial and error,” Appietus explained.
Asked how he is able to differentiate his sound from others, the music producer, who has worked with veterans Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi, said “I am never in a rush. I make sure I get everything right. If they don’t understand, they should seek knowledge about it. They are doing beats but the end product is some way.”
When Andy said it might limit the number of people who come to him for works, Appietus’ reply was “The Daddy Lumbas are ready to work with me,” stressing on the quality of sounds he produces.
Appietus also revealed he is recording free songs for 100 upcoming musicians across the country.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters