Music producer, Appietus, has asked musicians who walk into his studios expecting free beats to think again because he is not in the business of freebies.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM, Appietus, born as Appiah Dankwah, said he believes in his craft so well hence wasting time and resources to produce songs for musicians for free cannot happen.
“The young ones want fame so they are begging the artistes now; why would they go to the studio to pay when someone is saying it’s free? I am not prepared to do it for free,” he told Andy Dosty.
“They are using home theatres to mix the sound so they are not getting the right things from the studio monitors. These guys are just doing trial and error,” Appietus explained.
Asked how he is able to differentiate his sound from others, the music producer, who has worked with veterans Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi, said “I am never in a rush. I make sure I get everything right. If they don’t understand, they should seek knowledge about it. They are doing beats but the end product is some way.”
When Andy said it might limit the number of people who come to him for works, Appietus’ reply was “The Daddy Lumbas are ready to work with me,” stressing on the quality of sounds he produces.
Appietus also revealed he is recording free songs for 100 upcoming musicians across the country.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control