Singer Eddie Khae says he is working feverishly to catch up the popularity of his ‘Do The Dance’ song.
The song, described by many as arguably the most popular song of 2018, went viral early in the year with an interesting dance move believed to be from a school in the Ashanti Region.
In a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee, the musician disclosed that he was inspired by the dance which he claims was initiated by students of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
“I didn’t decide to hide myself. It was the nature of the whole thing because the song went viral and left the owner so with time I will catch up,” he said.
“The dance is not actually mine, it is the song. The dance is a thing they do in Tech [KNUST] so I saw Nana Kojo, a friend of mine in UCC do the dance, it was catchy and I decided to do a song for it,” Eddie Khae added.
Eddie Khae, who says he has been trying music a while, it overwhelmed by the response his first single has garnered.
“It is actually the biggest song in Ghana right now, if I’m not blowing my own trumpet but I believe it is the biggest song right now,” he said.
The musician added that “Every musician’s dream to be known or have this one song that puts him or her on the map and ‘Do the dance’ has done that for me, it a wonderful experience, it is overwhelming…Like I can decide not to do music again.”
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told