Hiplife legend Reggie Rockstone has lashed out at South African rapper for his infamous tweet about his loyal followers on social media.
Recently AKA known as Kiernan Jarryd Forbes told Joy FM's Sammy Forson on the Cosmopolitan Mix that he cannot fathom why he has about 3.4 million followers but can’t make 3.4 million sales anytime he releases an album.
“In South Africa and all over the world, record sales are not what they used to be, so I’m thinking if I've got 3.4 million fans, why don’t I have, 3.4 million albums sold”.
Commenting on that, Reggie Rockstone said the award-winning rapper sounded ungrateful to what the industry has given him.
According to him, the rapper should interact with his loyal fans and appreciate them for playing a major role in his success in the music scene globally.
"Even if you have 20 people re-tweeting you should be grateful. It’s not by force to re-tweet. If I put something out on social media, I don’t look for the number of re-tweets. If two people re-tweet, I’m grateful. I think he should be grateful he has somebody re-tweeting for him," he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno