Hiplife legend Reggie Rockstone has lashed out at South African rapper for his infamous tweet about his loyal followers on social media.
Recently AKA known as Kiernan Jarryd Forbes told Joy FM's Sammy Forson on the Cosmopolitan Mix that he cannot fathom why he has about 3.4 million followers but can’t make 3.4 million sales anytime he releases an album.
“In South Africa and all over the world, record sales are not what they used to be, so I’m thinking if I've got 3.4 million fans, why don’t I have, 3.4 million albums sold”.
Commenting on that, Reggie Rockstone said the award-winning rapper sounded ungrateful to what the industry has given him.
According to him, the rapper should interact with his loyal fans and appreciate them for playing a major role in his success in the music scene globally.
"Even if you have 20 people re-tweeting you should be grateful. It’s not by force to re-tweet. If I put something out on social media, I don’t look for the number of re-tweets. If two people re-tweet, I’m grateful. I think he should be grateful he has somebody re-tweeting for him," he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Epilepsy charity 'says SA fainting dance craze should end'
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle